- the impact of the Ombudsman's work on social landlords, particularly whether it leads to better administration and improved quality of service
- the function, purpose and remit of the Housing Ombudsman Service
- the volume and nature of complaints made to the Ombudsman and expected trends
- the arrangements for handling complaints
- the adequacy of arrangements
- the impact of the extension of jurisdiction to include complaints from tenants of local housing authorities in 2013.
The Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) will be submitting evidence to the inquiry and is inviting CIH members to contribute to their response.